Documentation Required for Export Clearance
As BlueStar Cargo is member of Nepal Freight Forwarders Association (NEFFA), as per the directives of NEFFA the following documentations are required of our customers for export clearance of their consignments
- Customs Declaration Form
- Packing List.
- Certificate of Origin.
- GSP Certificate if applicable
- Copy of letter of credit or advance payment statement received from the bank.
- Foreign Exchange declaration Form of Nepal Rastra Bank
- Copy of Firm/Company Registration Certificate.
- Copy of income tax registration certificate or VAT registration
- Airway bill
- Letter of authority to clear the consignment
- Phytosanitary Certificate for agricultural products/plants
- Certificate from Department of Archaeology for the export of Statues, Thankas, Wood carving of archaeological value etc.
- Visa authorization certificate from Garment visa office of National Productivity and Economic Development Centre for the export of garments to Canada
- Recommendation letter from Garment visa office of National Productivity and Economic Development Centre for the export of garment to USA (for customs clearance only)
- CITES Certificate from the Department of National Parks and Wild Life Conservation for the export of bone and horn products.
- Value certification from the Handicrafts Association of Nepal for handicrafts goods, Gold and silver products.
- Value added Tax Certificate for beer, spirits and cigarettes.
- Passbook for gold handicrafts from Handicrafts Association of Nepal if applicable.
- Clearance certificate of Department of Drug Management for medicines.
- Clearance certificate of Department of Mines and Geology for mineral products.
- Certificate of origin from local chamber of commerce
- Multiple countries Declaration for garment export to the USA.All the above documents except of No. 9 and additional following documents are required for export to third country by sea/land
- Transport manifesto, one copy per truck (for sea cargo)
- Custom transit declarations (for sea cargo)
- Transit declaration invoice for goods in transit via India/Bangladesh to third country destination. (for sea cargo).
Documentation Required for Import Clerance
As BlueStar Cargo is member of Nepal Freight Forwarders Association (NEFFA), as per the directives of NEFFA the following documentations are required of our customers for import clearance of their consignments as Tribhuvan international Airport (TIA), Kathmandu, Nepal is only airport used for air service. Except for prohibited and quantitatively restricted item no license is required for imports. For the import from India, the payment is made normally in Indian currency but for procurement of some industrial raw material and machinery, payment in hard currency can also be made as per notification of Nepal Rastra Bank for the product specified. The firm or company to follow up the procedure of import is required to prepare and present the following documents for import into Nepal by Air for custom clearance.
- Nepal custom import declaration form.
- Letter of authority for clearing Agents to act on behalf of the importer.
- Air way bill.
- Proforma Invoice.
- Packing list.
- Certificate of origin (this is required only for tariff concession for goods originating in Tibet Autonomous Region of People’s Republic of China, SAPTA member countries and MFN rate of countries having bilateral agreements with Nepal).
- Certificate of Insurance Policy.
- Foreign Exchange Declaration Form of Nepal Rastra Bank.
- Certified copy of L/C.
- Company Registration Certificate.
- VAT/PAN registration certificate.
- Permission from Plant Quarantine Section of Department of Agriculture for import of plants and plants products including fruits leaves & seeds.
- Import license if applicable.
All the above documents except 3 and additional following documents are required to import for third country by sea.
- Bill of lading.
- Custom transit declaration.
- Transit declaration invoice for good it transit in India/Bangladesh for import from third country